Our packages of care
London Diabetes Centre premium package
It may be you want an even more detailed assessment of your entire health, which uses the latest tests currently not available anywhere else in the UK.
What is included?
The complete London Diabetes Centre Protocol with the addition of the following investigations:
- Advanced Lipoprotein Analysis - this test, using Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy, quantifies the total and small dense LDL particle numbers, which are amongst the most powerful tools we have to predict the risk of future heart attack and stroke and assess adequacy of treatment, especially in diabetes and in those with normal LDL cholesterol.
- Insulin Resistance Panel (Free fatty acid, Homocysteine, Leptin, Adiponectin Alpha hydroxybutyrate, Oleic acid, Linoleoyl-GPC) – The biomarkers in this panel have all been associated with a higher risk of insulin resistance and prediabetes, long before traditional markers begin to be abnormal. Alpha-hydroxybutyrate and linoleoyl-GPC are also new markers of fatty liver disease. Adiponectin, a protein hormone secreted by fat tissue, are low in people who are overweight or in people with diabetes, and high in those who are thin or losing weight. High adiponectin levels are good, low are bad. Leptin "the hormone of energy expenditure", inhibits hunger but obese individuals have a resistance to leptin.
- OCT - Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is a non-invasive imaging test which uses light waves to take cross-sectional pictures of your retina, mapping retinal thickness. With OCT, your ophthalmologist can see each of the retina’s distinctive layers. It also provide diagnosis and treatment guidance for glaucoma and diseases of the retina such as age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and diabetic eye disease.
- Ankle and Toe Brachial Index - The Ankle Brachial Pressure Index (ABPI) is the ratio of the blood pressure in the lower legs to the blood pressure in the arms and is used in the non-invasive assessment of peripheral vascular disease with good sensitivity and specificity for serious narrowing of the arteries.
- DEXA (or DXA) is a scan using a low dose of dual-energy X-rays to provide a high resolution image and precise measurement of body composition – specifically bone, fat and lean mass (muscle). DEXA scans are the gold standard for body composition scanning, giving you the most precise reading of your total body composition, bone density and lean body mass.
Any prescriptions advised by the consultant are available from our in-house pharmacy; as medication requirements vary from person to person any costs for medications are not included in this package.
GET IN TOUCH
We'd love to hear from you.
To book an appointment or to find out more about our services, fill out the contact form below or call