If you have type 1 diabetes, we’re here to provide you with truly personalised specialist care and ongoing support with managing every aspect your condition. Through the London Diabetes Care Plan, you’ll have access to continuous care and support from our expert team, tailored to your specific goals and needs, at an all-inclusive and surprisingly affordable annual cost.
At the London Diabetes Clinic, we’ve pioneered a genuinely different approach to the management and care of diabetes. If you feel that your voice is not heard, that you are not part of decision making and cannot make your diabetes journey your own, then you will find it harder to live comfortably and successfully with this condition. Good diabetes care puts the patient at the heart of decision making, offering support and direction when needed. In response, we have developed the London Diabetes Care Plan, which provides a completely different standard of personalised, continuous and all-encompassing care.
Making you a member of our expert team
Above all, as we mentioned above, it’s different in that we want to recruit you into our expert team as a central player in the decision-making.
Achieving effective self-management over long periods of time requires more than just consultant visits: it needs regular communication, easy access to advice and lifelong learning and adaptation. The London Diabetes Centre helps you achieve this.
Ready to get started on Project You?
Working together on ‘Project You’, we’ll be equipping you with the very latest in diabetes care knowledge and technology specifically tailored to your needs, and taking into account every aspect of your experience of living with Type 1 diabetes.
People with type 1 diabetes need different care than those with type 2 diabetes. As the body produces absolutely no insulin in type 1 cases, external sources (e.g. pumps, pens) are relied on to ensure a sufficient supply of insulin. Also, people with type 1 diabetes are younger on average, with a more varied and active lifestyle. Therefore, an informed awareness of accurate self-management is crucial.
There is no ‘one size fits all’ treatment available, hence the need for a personalised treatment plan shaped to the particular requirements of the individual. Our role at London Diabetes is to devise that personal treatment plan in collaboration with the individual and to achieve sustained well-being and control over the condition using the latest education and technological advances available. Our Care Plan for people with type 1 diabetes is designed to help people achieve their goals and more!
Ready to start working with us? Then take a few minutes to find out more about the London Diabetes Care Plan.
The main guiding principles are:
- To establish the most effective insulin treatment for the person with type 1 diabetes and to fine-tune that treatment for optimal well-being and freedom.
- To agree a treatment plan with the patient that is achievable, appropriate to the patient’s needs, and that is personal to the patient and not defined by government or national guidelines.
- To ensure that the patient has access to education appropriate to their needs, with respect to content and method of delivery.
- To empower the patient to understand and self-manage their condition more effectively and to be actively participating in improving their health.
- To be innovative in diabetes care, offering the very latest and best available safe therapies.
- To provide support in a patient’s approach to diabetes and be their champion in those instances where they have been unsupported.
- Personal service and Care Plan. Each member of the Care Plan will benefit from a package of care tailored specifically to their individual goals and needs.
- Speed. Unlike the NHS, appointments are available every clinic day and at short notice – where possible – with a specialist consultant physician.
- Affordability. Pricing is clear with no hidden costs. Flexible payment options. Monthly payment plans are available for the continuous Care Plan.
- Team approach. London Diabetes has a dedicated diabetes team including specialist consultants, dieticians, and diabetes specialist nurses. If wider care is required then we also have an in-house team that includes ophthalmologists, podiatrists, cardiologists, psychologists, and those with gastrointestinal expertise. London Diabetes provides complete care in a single, easy to access location.
- Latest technology and treatments. London Diabetes’ reputation gives us access to the most advanced treatments and medication to provide state of the art solutions in the management of diabetes.
- Information. A varied syllabus of diabetes education is available via your chosen medium.
- Annual consultation with a diabetologist
- Full Biochemistry analysis
- Annual fundus examination with report and eye pressure measurements
- Two consultations a year with a member of the diabetes team focusing on education, support, or treatment changes where needed
- Online/telephone consultations in potentially urgent situations (two per year)
- One free CGM per year
- Free download of glucose meter readings at the clinic 3 times a year
- In-depth assessment of knowledge levels and personal goals
- Access to online teaching modules for type 1 diabetes
- Regular updates and news
- Discounted extra continuous glucose monitoring when needed
- 10% discount on medication purchased from London Medical Pharmacy
- Options/additional services:
- Patients may want to top up or add to their Care Plan, which can be discussed with the team once registered on the Plan. These optional extras can include regular video consultations, continuous glucose monitoring, and special tests on liver, sleep apnoea, and biochemistry.
How does it work?
The London Diabetes Care Plan is a continuous care scheme that means the patient has constant support in managing their diabetes. We have a dedicated team of experts for you to call upon at any time in addition to the defined benefits of the scheme. The minimum term of plan membership is two years. If you require extra services you can select these with the help of your support team (see tariff sheet).
What does it cost?
Two payment options are available:
- Option 1: One-off payment of £2,000 on commencement of two-year plan
- Option 2: Joining fee of £500 followed by seventeen monthly payment instalments of £97 (total cost: £2,149)
This is the total price you will pay for the benefits listed. There are no hidden costs within the Plan.
To find out more or join the Care Plan please call us 020 7467 5470 or email us at email@example.com.