Type 2 Diabetes Care Plan
London Diabetes Care Plan
Through the London Diabetes Care Plan, you’ll have access to continuous care and support from our expert team, tailored to your specific goals and needs, at an all-inclusive and surprisingly affordable annual cost.
At the London Diabetes Centre, we’ve pioneered a genuinely different approach to the management and care of diabetes.
If you feel that your voice is not heard, that you are not part of decision making and cannot make your diabetes journey your own, then you will find it harder to live comfortably and successfully with this condition. Good diabetes care puts the patient at the heart of decision making, offering support and direction when needed.
In response, we have developed the London Diabetes Care Plan, which provides a completely different standard of personalised, continuous and all-encompassing care.
Making you a member of our expert team
Above all, as we mentioned above, it’s different in that we want to recruit you into our expert team as a central player in the decision-making.
Achieving effective self-management over long periods of time requires more than just consultant visits: it needs regular communication, easy access to advice and lifelong learning and adaptation. The London Diabetes Centre helps you achieve this.
We’re a dedicated team of specialist consultants, dieticians, and diabetes specialist nurses, who will work with you to enhance your quality of life, and offer greater freedom to enjoy it to the full. Working together on ‘Project You’, we’ll be equipping you with the very latest in diabetes care knowledge and technology specifically tailored to your needs. We won’t just be looking at your condition medically, but also looking in-depth together at other parts of your life that may inform your condition.
The main guiding principles are:
- To agree a treatment plan that’s achievable, appropriate, and personal to you – and not defined by government or national guidelines.
- To ensure that you have access to the appropriate education.
- To help you understand and self-manage your condition more effectively and to be actively involved in improving their health.
- To be innovative in diabetes care, offering the very latest and best available safe therapies.
- To provide support in your approach to diabetes and be your champion where you have been unsupported before.
- Personal service and Care Plan. Each member of the Care Plan will benefit from a package of care tailored specifically to their individual goals and needs.
- Speed. Unlike the NHS, appointments are available every clinic day and at short notice – where possible – with a specialist consultant physician.
- Affordability. Pricing is clear with no hidden costs.
- Flexible payment options. Monthly payment plans are available for the continuous Care Plan.
- Team approach. London Diabetes has a dedicated diabetes team including specialist consultants, dietitians, and diabetes specialist nurses. If wider care is required then we also have an in-house team that includes ophthalmologists, podiatrists, cardiologists, psychologists, and those with gastrointestinal expertise. London Diabetes provides complete care in a single, easy to access location.
- Latest technology and treatments. London Diabetes’ reputation gives us access to the most advanced treatments and medication to provide state of the art solutions in the management of diabetes.
- Information. A varied syllabus of diabetes education is available via your chosen medium.
- Annual consultation with a consultant diabetologist
- Urine – Alb/cr ratio
- Pathology Tests – Full Biochemistry, CRP, Fasting Lipid profile, TSH, Fasting Insulin or c peptide, Advanced Lipoprotein analysis blood test
- Annual fundus examination with report and eye pressure measurements
- One consultation a year with a member of the diabetes team focusing on education, support, or treatment changes where needed
- Online/telephone consultations in potentially urgent situations (two per year)
- Loan Freestyle Libre CGM (2 weeks)
- Free download of glucose meter readings at the clinic 3 times a year
- In-depth assessment of knowledge levels and personal goals
- Access to online teaching modules for type 2 diabetes
- Regular updates and news
- Discounted extra continuous glucose monitoring when needed
- 10% discount on medication purchased from London Medical Pharmacy
Patients may want to top up or add to their Care Plan, which can be discussed with the team once registered on the Plan. These optional extras can include regular video consultations, continuous glucose monitoring, and special tests on liver, sleep apnoea, and biochemistry.
How does it work?
The London Diabetes Care Plan is a continuous care scheme that means the patient has constant support in managing their diabetes. We have a dedicated team of experts for you to call upon at any time in addition to the defined benefits of the scheme. The minimum term of plan membership is two years. If you require extra services you can select these with the help of your support team (see tariff sheet).
What does it cost?
Two payment options are available:
- Option 1: One-off payment of £2,500 on commencement of two year plan.
- Option 2: Joining fee of £600, followed by seventeen monthly payment instalments of £125 (total cost £2,724)