Medtronic Insulin Pump
How to access Insulin Pumps?
Are you interested in accessing insulin pumps for yourself, upgrading your current pump or assessing whether one may fit your current care plan? Find out how London Diabetes can support you by clicking here.
Who is Medtronic?
- A global leader in diabetes
- Medtronic creates cutting-edge insulin pump systems
Medtronic offers a range insulin pump systems to help you control your diabetes so you can focus on your life, not your glucose levels.
Medtronic is one of the largest global healthcare companies and has worked with people living with diabetes for more than 30 years. Their aim is to change the way you manage your condition and empower you to enjoy more freedom and greater health.
The Medtronic MiniMed™ 780G insulin pump
- The MiniMed™ 780G works with the Medtronic Guardian™ 4 sensor
- Automatically adjust your basal insulin
- SmartGuard technology anticipates your insulin needs
MiniMed™ 780G insulin pump integrates with the Medtronic Guardian™ 4 sensor to create their most advanced insulin delivery system yet. The system automatically adjusts your basal insulin and autocorrects your dosing to achieve better glycaemic control with less effort.
The features include:
- An easier way to stabilise your blood glucose levels
- Automatic insulin delivery adjustment for easier glucose control. The MiniMed™ 780G insulin pump responds to CGM readings from your Medtronic Guardian™ 4 sensor. It autocorrects highs, making minor adjustments to your basal insulin delivery every five minutes, as needed
- SmartGuard technology: The MiniMed™ 780G system anticipates your insulin needs. It adjusts your insulin delivery, automatically correcting highs and protecting you from lows. It gives you more insulin if your glucose is trending high and automatically reduces your insulin if your glucose levels are low, helping to prevent hypos
- Fewer injections: The MiniMed™ 780G offers 90% fewer injections than multiple daily injections
- No finger pricks: When you use the MiniMed™ 780G with the Guardian™ 4 sensor and transmitter, you will need to take a blood glucose reading for calibration when you first enter the SmartGuard™ feature. The great news is, you won’t need to regularly finger prick. However, it’s essential to use a blood glucose meter for important diabetes decisions and if your glucose alerts or CGM readings don’t match your symptoms
- Improved diabetes control: The MiniMed™ 780G helps patients achieve an HbA1c goal of 7.0%
- More time in your target range: The MiniMed™ 780G helps you reach time within your target range. On average, when you use the MiniMed™ 780G system, you will spend 76% of your time in your target range
- Automatic upload of your data
- Remote appointment follow-ups
- Smartphone app: The MiniMed™ Mobile app is available for most iOS and Android smartphones. The app allows you to view and track your glucose levels on your smartphone. You can also get notifications on your phone if you’re going high or low
- Trusted and recommended: In surveys, 99% of people agreed that the MiniMed™ 780G insulin pump system was better than their previous therapy with multiple daily injections and CGM
Where can you buy Medtronic insulin pumps in the UK?
While getting an insulin pump on the NHS is possible, you might not be eligible for the pump of your choice. Contact us at The London Diabetes Centre for a personalised assessment and to find out if you are suitable for a Medtronic pump.
At The London Diabetes Centre, we’re proud to provide rapid access to a comprehensive range of the latest technology and devices for diabetes management and we’ll help you choose the perfect pump for you.
Medtronic insulin pump costs
Insulin pump costs for pumps such as the Medtronic insulin pump start at £1,000 for the pump, with additional costs required to cover consumables such as reservoirs, and CGMs if required. Costs vary from pump to pump and we do not encourage patients to choose the suitability of a pump on price alone. Book an appointment with a member of our specialist team so we can help you choose the right pump for your needs.
Private diabetes clinics
- Private diabetes clinics can give support and access to state-of-the-art insulin pumps
- The London Diabetes Centre is a leading provider of pump technology
- Rapid access to a choice of pumps
- Full support throughout your journey
- Access to diabetes experts when you need them
A private diabetes clinic like The London Diabetes Centre can provide you with expert assessments, comprehensive training and access to cutting-edge insulin pump technology.
The London Diabetes Centre will customise your training, ensuring you have the knowledge, skills and confidence to make the most of your Medtronic insulin pump and effectively manage your diabetes.
Looking to speak with a member of our team?
Carol Willis - Diabetes Clinic Facilitator
If you couldn’t find what you were looking for today, feel free to give us a call at 0800 048 3330 and ask Carol and her team. Alternatively, just fill in this form and someone will get in touch with you promptly. By using this form, you are consenting to the storage and handling of the data contained in the form by our team.