Diabetes Symptoms Guide
Type 1 diabetes symptoms
If you have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, you probably already know the main symptoms, which include:
- Extreme tiredness
- Feeling very thirsty
- Frequent urination
- Blurred vision
- Cuts and grazes that won't heal
- Losing weight without trying
- Thrush that keeps returning
But what is the likely course of your condition, over time? And how do you know if you would benefit from our unique approach to diabetes care?
The symptoms of type 1 diabetes develop fast, typically over the course of several weeks. Type 1 diabetes, which was once known as juvenile diabetes, usually develops in childhood or adolescence. But it’s possible to get type 1 diabetes later in life.
Long term care and support
Over time diabetes can cause complications in the body – affecting the eyes, nerves, kidneys, heart and blood vessels. (See Long term complications, for more detailed information.)
The consequences can be severe, debilitating, and expensive to treat. They may even be life-threatening. So whether you’re diagnosed with diabetes, or have had it for some time, you need the very best support, advice and ongoing care.
At The London Diabetes Centre, that’s exactly what our team of diabetes specialists aims to provide.
Would you benefit from our diabetes service?
You certainly would if:
- You’re having problems managing your blood sugar
- You want to know more about diabetes and understand what’s happening to your health
- You have complex issues that need more time to discuss and solve
- You need a personalised approach and a team to back you up
- You need flexible appointments that can fit easily into your schedule
- You have side effects or problems with your diabetes medication
- You’re interested in the newest therapies available
- You do sports with diabetes and need advice on glucose management during exercise
- If you are caring for a child with diabetes
Call +44 (0) 20 3953 6222 to find out more.
Our plan is designed for patients who have not been diagnosed with diabetes who want to check their current health status and understand if they are at risk of developing diabetes.
Our plan is designed for recently diagnosed patients who are unsure about their diagnosis and need a second opinion or need help deciding on their care plan.
This Gold Standard in diabetes assessment will cover most people’s fundamental requirements for diabetes care.
This premium plan includes an in depth assessment of your diabetes status and also your wider health risks concerning cholesterol and metabolic health
Looking to speak with a member of our team?
Carol Willis - Diabetes Clinic Facilitator
If you couldn’t find what you were looking for today, feel free to give us a call at 0800 048 3330 and ask Carol and her team. Alternatively, just fill in this form and someone will get in touch with you promptly. By using this form, you are consenting to the storage and handling of the data contained in the form by our team.